Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Back on Deck

Apologies for the long time between drinks: I've been a) recuperating after doing the Rainbow Report non-stop for six months b) getting started in my new job as Editor of Melbourne Star and c) trying not to lose my temper over the silly internal politics of a fag radio station, which I won't go into here.

I guess I thought, after ten years in Oz, that the 'tall poppy syndrome', whereby anyone who achieves anything significant immediately becomes a target for any jealous idiot with a metaphorical scythe, was a myth. Now I know better.

But that's by the way: soon I should know if the strenuous efforts on my behalf to blunt the scythes have been successful.

Meantime I now have two editions of Melbourne Star under my belt: edition one had too many all cap headings, edition two, too many mentions of my home 'burb (but I am very proud of the place), next week I start on edition 3.

With any luck someone will get round to updating the website one of these years http://www.bnews.net.au but the current edition is there as a pdf. SO now you can read me there instead of here!

Enjoy!

No comments: